Thursday 4 April 2013

Becoming a Vegetarian

I have never been one to set big goals for myself.
    I have always done fairly well in most aspects of my life: school, relationships, hobbies, etc. 
But, I have never really pushed myself to do something amazing, 
something that would challenge me greatly. 

Turning 18 made me feel like I really need to start challenging myself, start working towards bigger and better things to begin living the life I want to live, which is far from mediocre.
 I want to start fully living the beliefs and values I have acquired through my life experiences. 

I have started this blog to document my journey on becoming who I really want to be.
 I feel it is a good outlet for my personal goals and it will encourage me to keep going with them since I want to post about my progress. 

My first step in my journey is to become a vegetarian


 This is something I have been wanting to do for a long time, having learnt that doing so is soooo much healthier for ourselves, other animals and the environment. 
There doesn't seem to be a reason NOT to become a vegetarian, other than my (and family's) love of the taste of meat.
So I know it won't be easy. I am going to take it slow to make sure I don't feel deprived and increase my chances of failing. 

Step 1: All meals I make or buy for myself, from now on, will be vegetarian.

I feel this is a good place to start.
 I still live at home and coming home from a long day of school or work, hungry and tired, with a hot meal (most likely including some sort of meat) waiting on the table for me is, I hate to say it, 
extremely hard to resist.

So, until I move out (hopefully ASAP!), I will most likely eat meat when my parents prepare it for our family meals. Otherwise, I can freely choose what I put into my mouth when I make or buy it.
 And from now on
 I declare on this fourth day of April, 2013, will be meatless
 BUT HEALTHY.
I refuse to be one of those vegetarians who nourish themselves with only chips, cheese and cookies. 
I am nutritionally educated enough to know that there are tons of extremely healthy vegetarian foods out there, and I will continue to find evermore ways of cooking them oh-so deliciously!

Wish me luck! (And feel free to dispense any vege-advice if you have some)

Sincerely,

New blogger, Miss "Wanna-be-Vege" Booth.

No comments:

Post a Comment